Junior Karate Competitions
GENERAL INFORMATION:- Children will be placed into groups best suited according to their belt, age and height to try and ensure a positive experience for all. These competitions are ideal for introducing students to competitive karate.
- All entries will receive a participation award. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive a medal and will be eligible to enter the Kazen Kai Champion of Champions event.
- All students taking part will require hand pads, leg pads and a mouth guard. These are available to purchase from your instructor.
UPCOMING COMPETITIONS:10th June at our Brentwood Dojo, Chelmsford Dojo, Harlow Dojo, Maldon Dojo and the Jubilee Hall
THREE EVENTS IN THE COMPETITION:The Referees will organize students into categories in these events once the list of competitors are finalised.
- KATA: Students will perform their Kata that they practice in class. Younger children and lower belts will perform their Kata in groups of two or three and higher belts will perform their Kata individually.
- KUMITE: Students will compete against their opponent, and will be awarded points for controlled and accurate techniques. Uncontrolled moves will result in penalty.
- SLAM MAN: Students will compete against the dummies and will be awarded points for good techniques and focus.